And the Award Goes To...
This is your opportunity to nominate an outstanding business, organization, or individual for one of our prestigious awards.
Listed below are all the possible awards and criteria. Please note: "Community Person of the Year" is awarded annually. All other awards are considered
case-by-case, based on qualified nominations; therefore, some may not be awarded annually.
Please email your award nominations to Tom@CamdenRockland.com. Nominations
are due August 31, 2020 at 5pm and winners will be announced at our Annual Year in Review Gala later this fall.
Community Person of the Year Award
- Awarded annually to an individual, who, through his or her professional and civic deeds, has greatly enhanced the quality of life in our community
- Recipient does not need to be a Chamber of Commerce member
- Recipient must not be a current Chamber Board member
- Recipient must be resident of our local communities
- Recipient must have demonstrated community leadership
- Recipient must have been involved with the betterment of the community for at least five (5) years
- Recipient must be credited with more than one area of community service
Economic Enhancement Award
- Awarded to a business or organization that has made a major economic investment or enhancement which has resulted in a significant improvement
to the region's economy
New Building Award
- Awarded to a person, organization, or business that builds a new structure, or substantially renovates a structure, that
enhances the community image
- Awarded to a business or organization that produces advancements in a product or business method that has resulted in renewed economic vitality
of its business or the local community
- Recipient demonstrates a proactive and innovative approach toward finding solutions to business challenges and embraces change as an opportunity
Small Business of the Year Award
- Awarded to a business of fewer than 25 employees
- Recipient makes a positive contribution to the community
- Recipient is recognized by peers as a leader in what they do
- Recipient has a commitment to excellence
- Recipient must have been in business for a minimum of 5 consecutive years
- Awarded to a person, business, or organization that has attracted significant positive regional or national attention to the Penobscot Bay
Region, resulting in a rise in local economic activity
Environmental Leader Award
- Awarded to a person, business, or organization that has worked diligently to preserve/protect/enhance our environment
- Recipient works in a manner compatible with the environment, using sustainable practices and/or giving consideration to its carbon footprint
Heritage Preservation Award
- Awarded to a person, business, or organization whose contribution has resulted in the preservation and/or enhancement of the history, maritime
heritage, and/or quality of place in our community
Community Service Award
- Awarded to a person, business, or organization whose activities have resulted in a significant community enhancement and/or positive contribution
to the quality of life among local community members
Public Improvement Award
- Awarded to a person, business, or organization that has made a major, tangible improvement to a property or program that benefits the general
Milestone Anniversary Award
Do you know of a business or organization that is celebrating a milestone anniversary this year? Please nominate them here and they will be recognized
at the Gala.
- Recipient must be a Maine-based company OR the local office of a company based outside Maine.
- Recipient must be celebrating an anniversary of one of these intervals: 25 years, 50 years, 75 years, 100 years, 125 years, 150 years, etc.
Please specify which anniversary the organization is celebrating in the Qualifications for Award box.
- Recipient's anniversary must be reached in current calendar year 2020.
Annual Year in Review Gala
As you might imagine, the Gala will be presented in a modified format this year. Complete details for the festivities will be published soon. Contact
Tom at Tom@CamdenRockland.com for more information.