Camden Rotary Club brings together business, professional and community leaders to help others through philanthropy, active engagement in community life, and hands-on service projects.
This volunteer member organization has actively served the community for over 90 years.
The club, which meets for lunch on Tuesdays at the First Congregational Church of Camden on Elm Street, supports local nonprofit organizations with grants and other assistance. Meetings include presentations by entrepreneurs, educators, nonprofit leaders that help members stay aware of new developments and community needs.
The club's fundraising projects fuel grants for nonprofit organizations in Knox County and Lincolnville. The club also distributes scholarships to graduating high school seniors.
Teenagers can apply through the club for summer international exchanges. The club also provides Rotary Youth Leadership Awards for young adults to attend a leadership training weekend in September.
- Grant applications January - March
- Scholarship presentations in June
- Music by the Sea celebration on July 4th
- Windjammer Weekend Pancake Breakfast in early September
- Summer Super Raffle July - September
- Holiday Nut Sales October - December
- Holiday Baskets for Families in Need - December